« Forsíða | Skakkamanage » | Not much going on » | i ce land » | Pedagogik » | Sorry » | bloggur, lúkkur og djókur » | News » | Still » | New day » | I am spartakus »

Beirut

Sure you've heard about Beirut! Zach Condon's (one man) band. If not - then listen.

Sounds like an Balkan gypsy orchestra but it is actually a one man's project (well, obviously with some help from others). Zach is from Santa Fe, New Mexico in the States... a bit far from the Balkans. But: Even if you hate Balkan gypsy music, I'm sure you'll find something intriguing about this powerful, joyful, sad... I guess the word "angurvær" says it completely... music.

Beirut released two albums last year, Gulag Orkestar and Lon Gisland. The first one is great, I simply have not heard the later one... why, I have no clue!


But of course it's better to just listen than read my b***shit:

Postcads from Italy [MP3, 5mb, 160kbps]
Mount Wroclai (Idle Days) [MP3, 3,7mb, 160kbps]

Also on (a waste of) MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/beirut

* fantastic

Labels: ,

beirut is gorgeous. i see you still have excellent taste (and thank you again for Skakkamanage). beirut's "elephant gun", from Lon Gisland, is my all-new favourite track of the week.
you could do films too. we actually did something on that, remember?

Post a Comment

Previous posts

Hendrix

Bloggurinn er knúinn af Blogger
& Blogger Templates
<