« Forsíða | Eurovison Song Contest » | Beirut » | Skakkamanage » | Not much going on » | i ce land » | Pedagogik » | Sorry » | bloggur, lúkkur og djókur » | News » | Still »

Metric

I saw Metric at IcelandAirwaves in 2006. Well... I thought this Canadian pop/rock band was great. The vocalist/synthesist cool and beautiful and the rest of the band... OK I admit it... I didn't really notice them... I was so mesmerized by the awesome Emily Haines.

My friends who were with met said she seemed more like a self-centered camera-lover! Yeah! I said... shes a pop-goddess!!!

But enough about glorifying her. What about the music? This is called indie-synth-Pop/Rock... yeah whatever... you could probably find some Disco there too or even Ska if you are willing.

Their latest album is Live It Out from 2005 which was very well received and critically-celebrated and some of the songs from that album have been used in films and TV shows. But who gives a fuck... I like the music and here it is:

(You can listen to it on their official site:) http://www.ilovemetric.com/

Also check out hypem.com for some funky s***t!

Labels: , ,

my man! metric are great fun and make you shake shake shake. but they haven't come to amsterdam, the bastards. oh, and i looooved emily's solo album with the soft skeleton, "knives don't have your back". did you like it?

have to admit... have not listened to it... have to do that... doing it now...

oh and may I point out the Google ads on the left ... your click can make me rich

hey, I went ahead and clicked on one of them ads for you. They were selling Solid Steel Shafts with
drilled-and-tapped mounting holes. Man, I got to get me one of those!

thank you!!

oh and the ad are on the right... if people are looking for them... not on the left

how much do you get pr. click?

33 cents pr. click!!!

Post a Comment

Previous posts

Hendrix

Bloggurinn er knúinn af Blogger
& Blogger Templates
<